[f-nsp] BGP Session stuck in IDLE state

Sam Stickland sam_ml at spacething.org
Wed Jan 5 10:53:20 EST 2005

Hi,

I've got a BI15000 equipped with a B4GMR4 running 07.7.01T53.

I've just added it's 49th and 50th BGP sessions to it, but they remain
stuck in the IDLE stack. If I do a 'clear ip bgp nei x.y.z.w' then the
state briefly changes to IDLE* and then back to IDLE.

The neighbor configuration is identical to the other working sessions, and
the next-hop is reachable and directly connected.

It has 283MB of RAM free, and there isn't anything unusual in the logs.

As I recall when I recently added it's 48th BGP session it stayed in the
IDLE state for 5 minutes before establishing.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to what's wrong?

Sam