[f-nsp] dot1x auth on a fastiron edge 4802 poe

Alex Sharaz A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk
Wed Mar 9 04:49:07 EST 2005

hi,
well got a bit further.

The 3.3.x code only supports md5-challenge

reverting to the 3.2. code tree allows me to use peal/mschapv2

of course that does mean that the dot1x auth for multiple mac addresses on
a single switch port is out the window.

Also had a couple of small problems with our radius server radiator but
they're fixed.
alex

--On 08 March 2005 18:50 -0800 Mike Allen <mkallen at gmail.com> wrote:

> Alex, not sure how much this will help, but one thing I usually try is
> to set up the login or enable authentication to use radius as well.
> This is pretty simple, and will tell you whether the problem is
> happening specifically with Radius, or with the dot1x.
>
> Mike
>
> On Thu, 03 Mar 2005 14:26:25 +0000, Alex Sharaz <A.Sharaz at hull.ac.uk>
> wrote:
>> Chaps,
>>
>> Anyone using dot1x on the above beast? I seem to be wading through mud
>> trying to get this to work.
>>
>> Up till yesterday, when i was running vsn 3301a of the software, all i
>> could get working was a WinXP pc configured to use dot1x with
>> MD5-Challenge.
>>
>> This morning, having upgraded to Vsn 3301b of the software I can now get
>> peap/mschapv2 working..
>>
>> The problem is that the 4802 seems to be losing its connection with the
>> radius server. if, after a given period of time I disable/enable the
>> ethernet interface on the pc, I can type in my userid /password till the
>> cows come home. You don't see any traffic at the radius server.
>>
>> if I power cycle the 4802 bang, it's straight in there.
>>
>> Anyone else seen this sort of things?
>>
>> Alex
>>
>> Sent using Mulberry 3.1.2

Sent using Mulberry 3.1.2