[f-nsp] ServerIronXL and Layer7 switching issue

Youssef Ghorbal youssef.ghorbal at netplus.fr
Fri Aug 4 14:10:04 EDT 2006

Hello,

	I'm trying to set up cookie hashing on a ServerIronXL switch
( Version 07.5.00T12)
	I followed the foundry documentation but I can't get it work. when I
activate cookie hashing I have a connection timeout :

	$ lynx http://vip.mydomain.com
	Looking up vip.mydomain.com
	Making HTTP connection to vip.mydomain.com
	Alert!: Unable to connect to remote host.

	lynx: Can't access startfile http://vip.mydomain.com/

	here what I've done :

	1) allocation of layer7 memory slots

	slb> conf t
	slb> server max-url-switch 80000
	slb> server session-limit 200000
	slb> write mem
	slb> reload

	2) servers configuration:

	slb> server real TEST-1 192.168.174.19
  	slb> port http
  	slb> port http url "HEAD /verif.html"
	slb>!
	slb> server real TEST-2 192.168.174.20
  	slb> port http
  	slb> port http url "HEAD /verif.html"
  	slb> !
	slb> server virtual TEST 212.19.174.117
	slb> predictor round-robin
	slb> port http cookie-hashing
  	slb> bind http TEST-1 http
	slb> bind http TEST-2 http
	slb>!

	3) Global configuration:

	slb> conf t
	slb> server l4-check

	After that (as said in the documentation) everyhing shoud be Okey...
but it's not my case...
	I tested diffrent Layer7 switching technic (Cookie-switching) but I
have the same result, a "pretty timeout".

	The Switch restart responding after a "no port http cookie-
hashing"... and traffic is perfecly flowing for the two real servers...

What am'I missing ?

Regards,

Youssef GHORABAL
Netplus Communication.