[f-nsp] ServerIronXL and Layer7 switching issue

Alex Blauvelt blauvelta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 8 12:37:40 EDT 2006

We do cookie switching here, so I can help you with that.  I'm not
sure about cookie-hashing though.

You need to setup server-ids on your real servers that correspond to
a value in the cookie.  Then on the virtual server you need to define
the cookie-name to switch on.   I'm not sure about cookie-hashing,
but I imagine you would need something similar.  You need to tell the
switch what cookie to work with.

For example:

server virtual vs1
  port http
  port http cookie-name "SomeCookie"
  port http cookie-switching
  bind http rs1 http rs2 http

server real rs1
  port http
  port http server-id 1000

server real rs2
  port http
  port http server-id 1001

Where 1000 and 1001 are values that real servers set in 'SomeCookie'