[f-nsp] About LACP interoperability

Eric Helm helmwork at ruraltel.net
Tue Jul 11 13:47:01 EDT 2006

Mike Hughes wrote:
> --On 11 July 2006 22:30 +0900 Hiromasa Sekiguchi
> <hiromasa.sekiguchi at ctc-g.co.jp> wrote:
>
>> I try chennel connection between Cisco and Foundry.
>
> I don't know whether this will fix your problem, but we found issues if we
> didn't have "channel-protocol lacp" set on the interfaces on the Cisco side.
>
> Cheers,
> Mike

I noticed that without software version 3.500 things didn't work quite
right. Furthermore, that is the minimum required software version to
allow the LACP ports to be 'tagged'.

My config from a 12GCF to a Cisco 3560 looks like this, and works good:

Cisco 3560:
interface GigabitEthernet0/49
 switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
 switchport trunk allowed vlan xxx