[f-nsp] SLB with VLANs on SI XL

Tom Samplonius tom at uniserve.com
Sat Jul 29 18:50:44 EDT 2006

   I'm setting SLB on a SI XL.  All of the real and virtual servers are in one
VLAN.  I'm using 7.05.00T12

   However, it seems like the SIXL floods all of the health checking to all
VLANs.  I can see the all of the arp who-has traffic on all of the VLANs.

   It seems like the only way to real "bind" a VIP to a VLAN, is to turn on ip
forwarding, and add an IP and subnet that encompasses the VIP.  However, turning
on ip forwarding means that the SI XL uses a slower form of SLB (SLB Fast Path
is disabled).

   Is there any global command that will just keep all of the SLB into one VLAN?

   Does anyone know what the performance hit of enabling ip forwarding on a SIXL
that you want to use SLB?  I'm going to SLB'ing LDAP traffic, so sessions per
second is pretty important.

Tom