[f-nsp] F4802 rebooting/VRRP to blame?

Tuc at T-B-O-H ml at t-b-o-h.net
Sat Jun 24 04:09:39 EDT 2006

Hi,

	At about 2am I started to have our secondary F4802P reboot
constantly. It seems to imply its some sort of Watchdog issue :

There have been 13 reboots since power on or last counter reset
Crashed image: Version 07.8.00hT53,
               Compiled on Jun 27 2005 at 19:32:33 labeled as B2R07800h
Crash time: 02:31:28 Eastern Sat Jun 24 2006

EXCEPTION VECTOR :0x00000100
TRAP REASON - Watchdog Reset

The system had been up for 2 minutes

	I shut the ports down one by one to see what might be causing
it. When I shut down a set of VRRP ports to a set of SLB-8's, the router
stayed up.

	I'm on a borrowed laptop away from the main site, so my tools
for trying to make a picture aren't here... Hopefully you can follow my
setup.

1) I have 2 F4802's.
2) Each 4802 has a diverse transit provider into it
3) The 2 4802's have a pair of CAT-5 connecting them together.
4) Each of the pairs of the CAT-5's are in a different VLAN
5) I have 2 FSLB8's.
6) The FSLB8's have a CAT-5 connecting them together in a private VLAN.
One is active and one is standby
7) Each FSLB8 has a connection to each of the 4802's.
8) The ports of the FSLB8's are VRRP'd on the 4802's.

	I've had to "disable" the 2 ports in the VRRP on the 2nd
4802 , which has caused it to stop rebooting.

	I'd be working with a Foundry Tech on this, but when I called
my support had lapsed 3 weeks ago and no one called me to remind me to
renew. Every OTHER company I ever have worked with calls me 2 months before
its due.... So I'm basically SOL on that front.

	If it makes sense to post parts of configs, please let me know.

		Thanks, Tuc