[f-nsp] Disabling debug?

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Wed Nov 1 18:10:51 EST 2006

* arnold at nipper.de (Arnold Nipper) [Wed 01 Nov 2006, 23:54 CET]:
>On 01.11.2006 21:29 Niels Bakker wrote
>> * jabley at ca.afilias.info (Joe Abley) [Wed 01 Nov 2006, 21:12 CET]:
>>>I think it's a reasonable to put to vendors as to why such commands
>>>like "debug all" exist at all.
>>They exist because there are situations in which you need them.
>Could you just name *one* in real life?

You're a lab and want to see what a machine is spending time on besides
forwarding packets.  You're bringing up a new customer and the CPE has
trouble so you enable all debugging to see if the problem is with PPP,
IPCP, RADIUS etc.

Lots of scenarios where you don't need to be picky and can use the
larger hammer.

Just because that hammer is sometimes too big for you is no reason for
the DYI store to not stock any.

	-- Niels.