[f-nsp] BigIron 15000 load balancing

FAHAD ALI KHAN fahad.alikhan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 12 00:09:02 EDT 2006

Dear Niels

Sorry for the late reply,

Actually i have BigIron 15000 with JetCore Gig Copper Module and JetCore
Copper E Module (48 Port FastEthernet).

Initailly i go for Aggregated (trunk) interfaces, but it wont work for me.
it is poosible that im missing something in it. This is my scenario,

UpStream --- Juniper M5 === BigIron 15000 ------ Connected to Other
PoPs/Clients/Servers on Fiber and Ethernet

Now the Downward traffic from upstream to my PoPs and Client is arround
90Mbps and will gonna incerase.... i want to terminate bigIron 2
FastEthernet (as M5 has 4 port FE PIC) to M5 and want to do Etherchannel or
Trunk between M5 and BigIron to do proper loadbalancing.......

Now what happen....aggregate link has been successfully established but when
the traffic is through over it.....it goes like this......

Juniper-M5-FE1-input = 2Mbps , Juniper-M5-FE1-output = 0
Juniper-M5-FE2-input = 0         , Juniper-M5-FE2-output = 2Mbps

same on Foundry ethernet interfaces.....it is possible that it is due to the
algo used but it will be surely based on Dest/Src IP address or Dest/Src MAC
address.

But this is not loadbalancing......!

Kindly if you ever try it......kindly send me the sample config...so i can
verify it with mine......

Thanks

Fahad