[f-nsp] L7 switching and Backup

Youssef Ghorbal youssef.ghorbal at netplus.fr
Fri Oct 13 12:45:48 EDT 2006

Hello,

	I'm trying to set the backup feature on a ServerIronXL (7.5) and I
noticed some incompatibilities, things that are not referenced in the
documentation:

	- the backup feature is not compatible with layer 7 switching. when
I activate cookie switching for exemple, and my two real servers go
down, the backup server does not take the realy. I just have an empty
response when I tries to contact the vip.
	- the backup using http redirect is not compatibale with layer 7
switching too, when I activate cookie switching for exemple (or ssl
id switching, or url switching...) and my two real servers go down,
the backup does not take the relay. Just an empty response
	- the primary and backup distinction is not compatible with layer 7
switching, when I add "port http lb-pri-servers" under the virtual
server configuration and activate the cookie-swithing, the latter is
not taken in consideration (the supplied cookie is ignored) and the
defaut server predictor is used to load balance requests (round robin)

	All I want to do is this: Layer 7 switching (cookie-swicthing or SSL
ID switching) between two real servers, and a backup server (with an
excuse page) in case when the two real servers are down (a http
redirect is good too) is it possible to have something like that ?

Here's my conf, TEST-BACKUP is only used if and only if I disable
cookie switching... and that's simply annoying.

Current configuration:
!
ver 07.5.00T12
!
!
server slb-optimize
server force-delete
server session-limit 150000
server max-url-switch 50000
server predictor round-robin
server source-ip 192.168.0.4 255.255.255.0 192.168.0.254
server icmp-message
server router-ports 16
!
server real TEST-1 192.168.0.1
port http
port http keepalive
port http url "HEAD /verif.html"
port http server-id 1050
!
server real TEST-2 192.168.0.2
port http
port http keepalive
port http url "HEAD /verif.html"
port http server-id 1060
!
server remote-name TEST-BACKUP 192.168.0.3
port http
port http backup
port http keepalive
port http url "HEAD /"