[f-nsp] Looking for throughput infos

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Thu Sep 14 14:00:54 EDT 2006

On Thursday 14 September 2006 19:28, Kristian Larsson wrote:
> Depending on how many flows it needs to insert/remove per second you
> throughput will drop drastically.

Yes and a great bunch of packets to drop (e.g. for unreachable destinations)
will do the same because drop'ing uses the CAM as I understand (as a special
kind of flow).

> We have used and still use BI4ks for routing 'on
> the Internet' and it's working. From time to time,
> the CAM is programmed with a faulty entry. Some
> packets are misrouted and so forth.

Oh yeah, just occurred some days ago (NI400, v08.0.00): route learned via OSPF
but no proper CAM entry was created - so we have to configure the route
with "ip route ..." locally on the system. :[

--
Gerald    (ax/tc)