[f-nsp] Fw: Looking for throughput infos

Ratical ratical at cogeco.ca
Fri Sep 15 08:55:10 EDT 2006

Your joking right?  The Sup32 uses a 32Gbps shared bus backplane with a
maximum forwarding capacity of 15Mpps.  The performance is worse than the
BI4Ks that were designed 10 years ago.  In fact the Sup32 is not even as
good as the Sup2 because it does not support DFCs.

Keep in mind that 32Gbps is not throughput.  The actual capacity is 15Mpps
divided by 1.488 equals about 10Gbps for the entire chassis.  I could buy a
D-Link for a few hundred bucks that blows it away.