[f-nsp] ServerIron - Logging Source IP at Server Level

Adam Waite awaite at pandora.com
Fri Aug 10 14:36:32 EDT 2007

There's 3 ways to do this:

1. Turn off Source NAT in the config (this requires the real servers to
have routeable ip addresses)
2. Use DSR mode instead of full proxy mode
3. Turn on client-ip header insertion on the LB and run a plugin on the
webserver to extract the header and use it in the logs. The syntax for
this is "port http request-insert client-ip" in the virtual server config.

Adam Waite
Sr Network Engineer
Pandora Media