[f-nsp] Significan Differents Between NetIron MLX dam NetIron XMR

Robert Boyle robert at tellurian.com
Sun Dec 2 11:46:11 EST 2007

At 11:11 AM 12/2/2007, Lazuardi Nasution wrote:
>I couldn't found any significan differents between NetIron MLX dam
>NetIron XMR. It seems very identic on specification and with very
>little different of price. Any idea of the different ?

There isn't much difference in price and they run the same software
images. However, in my personal opinion, you should buy the XMR. It
will hold twice the number of routes and although we are at over 250k
Internet routes today and the MLX will hold 512k (approx dependent on
how you slice up MPLS/IPv4/IPv6) routes and the XMR will hold approx
1 million routes, the XMR will be usable for a longer time. This is
due to a larger CAM on all line cards and more RAM in the management
modules. You cannot upgrade an MLX to be an XMR. We have the XMRs and
have been very happy with them. We evaluated an MLX box in the
beginning, but bought the XMR.

-Robert

Tellurian Networks - Global Hosting Solutions Since 1995
http://www.tellurian.com | 888-TELLURIAN | 973-300-9211
"Well done is better than well said." - Benjamin Franklin