[f-nsp] ARP storm coming from my load balancer

Niels Bakker niels=foundry-nsp at bakker.net
Sat Feb 17 09:45:20 EST 2007

* drew.weaver at thenap.com (Drew Weaver) [Fri 16 Feb 2007, 21:53 CET]:
>For some reason it looks like for every destination the serveriron is
>sending an arp request to the Catalyst instead of trying to route it.
>
>any ideas?

You set its default route to a broadcast interface (and you have not
disabled "ip proxy-arp" on at least one gateway on that subnet or you
would have observed no connectivity instead of excessive ARP traffic).

Set the default gateway on the ServerIron to an IP address instead of to
a physical interface.

	-- Niels.