[f-nsp] L2-Transport

Daniel daniel at ipv6-network.de
Sat Jan 6 16:58:34 EST 2007

Hi there,

we use a NI400 with JetCore MGM4 modules.
We had a problem that foundry is unable to make simple L2-Transport.
I have a port (ether 1/2) which has 3 tagged vlans.

The problem is that an exchangepoint see the mac of the foundry but u
want that my foundry is transparent.

Network looks:

Customer -> HP-Switch -> Foundry -> Cisco -> Exchangepoint

The exchangepoint see macs from "Customer" and "Foundry"
Thats the reason why the port at the exchangepoint went dont
(port-security)

Port and vlan config below:

!Current configuration : 109 bytes
interface ethernet 1/2
 no fdp enable
 no cdp enable
 no spanning-tree
 sflow-forwarding
 sflow sample 512
!

!
vlan 118 name XXX by port
 tagged ethe 1/2
 router-interface ve 118
!
vlan 417 name XXX by port
 tagged ethe 1/2
 router-interface ve 417
!
vlan 418 name XXX by port
 tagged ethe 1/2 ethe 2/1
!

Befor the port whent down at the exchangepoint i see 885a packet.
I dont know what it is for a ethertype foundry said:

Basically the ethertype 885a is our proprietary Ethernet header format so that we know how to process the packet

Anyone know how to turn it of? maybe the problem is solved then.

greetz daniel....

P.S. sorry for the double post but my mailclient was faster then me ;)