[f-nsp] found a null0 route bug?

Daniel daniel at ipv6-network.de
Tue Jun 5 17:28:25 EDT 2007

Hi all,

i think i found a bug on a Foundry XMR with IronWare 3300a.
First off all here a very simple and short network plan:

Internet -> XMR -> Switch -> Switch -> Customers/Clients

I did a null0 route for an IP like:

ip route 192.168.0.100/32 null0

Oke, in normal cases the IP is null0 routed and no traffic is accessible
to the "client". The funny think is, the null0 route gets ignored.
The "client" is accessible as normal.

The ip route command shows following:

        Destination        Gateway         Port         Cost       Type
1       192.168.0.100/32   DIRECT          drop         1/1        S

In my eyes it looks normal and shows me "oke, drop requests to this ip"

Now the interesting point of that issue:

Slot Index      IP_Address                   MAC            Age VLAN Out Port
1    0x017ed(L) 192.168.0.100/32             000c.2957.8593 2   172  1/11
1    0x4dd6a(R) 192.168.0.100/32             N/A            Dis N/A  Drop

I see both entries in the cam, normal route and the null0 route.
Nothing get dropped by the null0 route. The network is directly
connected on the router (ve172).

I tested it on a JetCore with the same config and there it works
without any problems.

Is it a feature, a bug or any hints? Share your experience

--
greetz daniel