[f-nsp] found a null0 route bug?

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Wed Jun 6 01:34:12 EDT 2007

I can't test this specific setup with my XMR running 3300a, but I can
tell you that it works properly if the address is not directly attached
to an interface. I null routed a test IP address upstream on my XMR and
it successfully drops the packets. Sounds like it is specific to having
the device attached directly to an interface on the XMR. It looks like
the update routine for the CAM doesn't remove the entry if directly
attached when null routing it. I would open a case with Foundry. Smells
like a bug.

--

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)940-6100
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear"
-- Mark Twain