[f-nsp] MPLS tips on XMR w/Cisco

Vinny Abello vinny at tellurian.com
Wed Jun 6 13:35:26 EDT 2007

Anyone care to share any experiences integrating the XMR into a Cisco
MPLS topology? Any pitfalls, notes, or other good things to know? I'm
trying to do just that and the configuration seems very different than
Cisco's configuration... which is surprising when most of the XMR CLI
feel like a Cisco.

Are there any considerations to take into account with the default MTU
size and MPLS overhead?

Also, anyone know how to automatically inject an MPLS TE tunnel as a
next-hop into ISIS for reaching the loopback of another router? I can do
this on a Cisco with the "tunnel mpls traffic-engineering autoroute
announce" command. I saw the "shortcuts ospf" command under the LSP
configuration, but I'm running ISIS and don't think that applies.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks! :)

--

Vinny Abello
Network Engineer
vinny at tellurian.com
(973)940-6100
PGP Key Fingerprint: 3BC5 9A48 FC78 03D3 82E0  E935 5325 FBCB 0100 977A

http://www.tellurian.com (888)TELLURIAN

"Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear - not absence of fear"
-- Mark Twain