[f-nsp] Secondary IP addressing on VE interface doesnt work !!!!!!

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Mon Jun 25 13:13:48 EDT 2007

Hi Umar,

Umar Ahmed schrieb:
> > Gents,
> >
> > Hello - I am trying to add a secondary IP address to a VE interface
> > configured as such :
> >
> > !
> > vlan 30
> >  tagged ethe 1/1
> >  router-interface ve 30
> > !
> > interface ve 30
> >  ip address 213.213.213.1/24
> > !
> >

> > No I go and try to add a secondary address :
> >
> > ip <mailto:SSH at vanc-uk-lo-gwp-01-fb-cs-02(config-vif-30)#ip>  add
> > 13.213.213.1 255.255.255.0 secondary

Foundry has an other meaning with "secondary" than cisco. When you
have to assign IP addresses from the *same* subnet to a Foundry
interface then you have to use the "secondary" command, e.g.:

!
interface x/y
  ip address 192.168.0.1/24
  ip address 192.168.0.2/24 secondary
!

When you have to configure just some different networks on one
Foundry interface you have to ommit the "secondary" command, e.g.:

!
interface x/y
  ip address 192.168.0.1/24
  ip address 10.0.0.1/8