[f-nsp] NI40G interfaces blocking

Henk.Roose at cwi.nl Henk.Roose at cwi.nl
Wed Jun 27 07:53:27 EDT 2007

Hello *,

I have an NI40G that keeps locking up interfaces at random (could be
conce a week, every two weeks or once a month or so). It's multihomed BGP
connected 10 Gig (primary) and 1 Gig (backup) to two Avici's upstream. I'm
getting full feeds over both interfaces. Now, what happens is that one
of the line cards seems to stop forwarding traffic which causes the BGP
sessions to die and I end up with my peerings in Connect state forever
(until I power off/on or reload). I haven't got the slightest idea what
the cause might be.  Anyone experienced this before? I have a call open
at Foundry's but they haven't come up with anything so far.

I'm running 2.3.0a btw.

TIA
Henk

--
Henk Roose
CWI - Centrum voor Wiskunde en Informatica