[f-nsp] NI40G interfaces blocking

Charley Kline kline at uiuc.edu
Wed Jun 27 09:28:50 EDT 2007

Line card problems on the 40G are nightmares to diagnose. We had a
similar problem on a couple of ours that they worked on for months,
complete with special instrumentation on the LP's and an engineer on-
site. They finally isolated it to too much broadcast traffic (ARPs,
due to a network loop somewhere) overwhelming the LP, which then
stopped responding.

Things seem much better at 2.3.0d, for what it's worth. We also
configured "arp-port-rate-limit 200" per their recommendation to
protect the LP from too much broadcast traffic.

/cvk