[f-nsp] ServerIron FBS16 -- Howto load balance remote servers (aka non physically connected)

Unai Rodriguez unai at fbmsoftware.com
Tue Mar 13 21:07:20 EDT 2007

Dear all,

I am currently trying to make a Foundry ServerIron FBS16 load balance
two web servers which are not physically connected to it. It's HTTP
traffic on port 80.

I have been using this hardware load balancer for months. I am currently
balancing a number of services, including HTTP and TCP traffic. All
these servers that I am sending traffic to from the ServerIron load
balancer are physically connected to it.

I have been looking for information on this but I can't find the right
one. Is there anyone that could point me in the right direction? What
short of option(s) or requirements need to be met in order to have the
load balancer send traffic to non-physically connected servers?

Thank you so much. I really appreciate any help.

With Best Wishes,
Unai Rodriguez.