[f-nsp] ServerIron FBS16 -- Howto load balance remote servers (aka non physically connected)

dalton daltons at panix.com
Tue Mar 13 23:56:39 EDT 2007

Hi,

I use foundry serveriron XL which allow the option of
"server remote-name" (for real servers) which allows you to specify servers
 which are in a different layer 2 and layer 3 space from the load balancer.

We for ex. are using this configurtion to load balance app servers between
2 datacenters. You need to turn off DSR and use server source-ip to force return traffic back to the foundry.

-dalton