[f-nsp] ServerIron FBS16 -- Howto load balance remote servers (aka non physically connected)

dalton daltons at panix.com
Wed Mar 14 01:29:53 EDT 2007

hi Unai,
I use cli,

here are the options we have for this which should be enough to get it working:

you need a server source-ip line to set the nat ip of the serveriron (to force
traffic back to the server iron):

server source-ip 10.1.1.100 255.255.255.0 0.0.0.0 (x.x.x.x is an ip in the net
of the LB)

Real Server config looks like this:

server remote-name server1-locationA 10.1.1.1
 port default disable
 source-nat
 port http
 port http keepalive

server remote-name server1-locationB 10.2.2.1
 port default disable
 source-nat
 port http
 port http keepalive

server virtual vip 10.1.1.1
 predictor least-conn
 port default disable
 port http

Make sure you have DSR turned off on the vip.

Good luck,
Dalton