[f-nsp] Foundry EIF48GS switch

Brendan Mannella bmannella at g3tech.net
Wed May 30 11:27:10 EDT 2007

I too have used the EIF line of switches in a hosting enviorment, I have
seen the same random lockups and poor performance. They are in fact OEMed
for Foundry.

I believe Foundry is starting to shy away from them in favor of their brand
new FLS line of switches. These are L2 only switches, pretty much identical
to the FWSX line, minus the in chassis redundant power option, and no POE
options. Redundant power is possible with a external RPS device. And they
are 1U also.

But they are Foundry made, line rate switches, with sflow, and a 10 gig
uplink option. We have a order in for several with one test switch onsite in
production and its great. It does everything as advertised.

Brendan