[f-nsp] Foundry ServerIron - source-nat

Gaurav Sabharwal gaurav at inwire.net
Thu Nov 1 17:10:28 EDT 2007

on 11/01/2007 09:47 PM Raja Subramanian said the following:
> On 11/2/07, Gaurav Sabharwal <gaurav at inwire.net> wrote:
>> When we disable source-nat for the real servers, no traffic hits the
>> real server at all. I tried to "debug ip tcp IP.Add.of.Server" on the SI
>> but can't seem to get an debug messages on the screen. debug console is
>> enabled.
>
> When you disable soure-nat, is the SI still able to health check your real
> servers?  What is your "show server sessions" output?
Health checks are fine with source-nat disabled. The output of the "show
serv sess" command:

Real Server     State   CurrConn    TotConn TotRevConn   CurrSess   PeakConn
server1     6          0        200          0          0          4
server2     6          1         42          0          4         14

The current connections does increments by 1. For a successful http
transaction the current connections is typically 2.

Thanks,
- Gaurav