[f-nsp] Poll traffic stats from a VE

Chris Woodfield rekoil at semihuman.com
Fri Oct 12 11:58:29 EDT 2007

On 3.2.00 code and higher you can configure "enable snmp ve-
statistics" to turn on SNMP polling of VE interface counters - from
what I can tell it simply sums the counters of the VE's member
interfaces, which is exactly what I would expect.

However, this only works with the ifEntry.if* 32-bit counters - the
64-bit ifXEntry.ifHC* counters for the VE are still zero as of
3.2.00b. My SE has a bug/feature request filed but I haven't heard
back on it.

-C