[f-nsp] ISIS loopback interface configuration

Christian Bering CB at nianet.dk
Wed Apr 16 12:25:40 EDT 2008

Hi Joshua,

>This is how we went about it:

[snip config]

So you are actually doing both. I'd imagine one being enough but I can't
figure out which is the more correct way of doing it. My instinct tells
me it's better to enable isis on the loopback interface (according to
documentation it works in a "passive" manner when doing that) than to
redistribute connected. But when using that approach, Foundry seems to
give the loopback interface an isis metric of 10. On a Cisco it seems
like using "passive interface" does not add a metric to the loopback.

--
Regards
 Christian Bering