[f-nsp] Foundry gear for doing basic NAT and Layer 3 functionality?

Justin Ream justin.ream at tierzero.com
Sat Apr 19 18:11:36 EDT 2008

On 4/19/08 1:19 AM, "Lazuardi Nasution" <mrxlazuardin at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Any answer for following quaestion ? I need the answer too.
>
> Best regards,

Hi Lazuardi -

Someone on the list offered up the ServerIron solution.  This is not a bad
way to go, but I thought about it for a second, and I'm not going to want
any NATing for sip  The second solution that was suggested to me was just
use inbound ACLs on this FastIron Edge X424 and assign my other interfaces
on the box a public IP address.  Though there is a lack of outbound ACLs on
this gear, this should be sufficient to get me going.

If I was reading correctly, I think you can get NAT on the PREM designated
boxes with the full Layer 3 code.  Don't quote me on that, though.

-Justin