[f-nsp] SNMP question(s)

Mike Lott lists.accounts at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 13:39:43 EDT 2008

Hi all

I'm having trouble configuring SNMP v3 access on the ServerIron XL
here, running code base 09.5.02cTD2. Any prods in the right direction
would be great.

Config:

SLB-SSH at host(config)#sh run | i snmp
snmp-server
snmp-server location LRC_CAB00
snmp-server group RAVE_RO v3 noauth read all
snmp-server group RAVE_RW v3 noauth read all write all
snmp-server user snmp_ravero RAVE_RO v3
snmp-server user snmp_raverw RAVE_RW v3

SLB-SSH at host(config)#sh snmp user
username = snmp_ravero
acl id = 0
group = RAVE_RO
security model = v3
group acl id = 0
authtype = none
privtype = none
engine ID= 800007c7030012f2af2600
username = snmp_raverw
acl id = 0
group = RAVE_RW
security model = v3
group acl id = 0
authtype = none
privtype = none
engine ID= 800007c7030012f2af2600

SLB-SSH at host(config)#sh snmp group
groupname = RAVE_RO
security model = v3
security level = none
ACL id = 0
readview = all
writeview = <none>

groupname = RAVE_RW
security model = v3
security level = none
ACL id = 0
readview = all
writeview = all

I've removed all authentication and ACL to troubleshoot this.

This is the response I get when I run the following query from a
client for the snChasPwrSupplyStatus name (referenced from the
document "Foundry Management Information Base Reference" dated October
2006):

 >: snmptest -v3 -u snmp_raverw -m ~/MIBs/WJM09502a.mib host
Variable: 1.1.1.1.3
Variable:
Received Get Response from UDP: [10.0.0.253]:161
requestid 0x308B04D7 errstat 0x10 errindex 0x0
Error in packet.
Reason: authorizationError (access denied to that object)
Variable:

Clearly I am doing something very wrong but I'm not very well versed
in SNMP and am stumbling.

Thanks,

Mike