[f-nsp] SNMP question(s)

Eric Helm helmwork at ruraltel.net
Tue Apr 29 14:33:30 EDT 2008

Mike Lott wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I'm having trouble configuring SNMP v3 access on the ServerIron XL
> here, running code base 09.5.02cTD2. Any prods in the right direction
> would be great.
>
> Config:
>
> SLB-SSH at host(config)#sh run | i snmp
> snmp-server
> snmp-server location LRC_CAB00
> snmp-server group RAVE_RO v3 noauth read all
> snmp-server group RAVE_RW v3 noauth read all write all
> snmp-server user snmp_ravero RAVE_RO v3
> snmp-server user snmp_raverw RAVE_RW v3

Mike,

It looks like your missing the authentication and encryption portion.
This is a config I've used on the Foundry L2/L3 switches without issues.

snmp-server
snmp-server contact <string>
snmp-server location <string>
snmp-server view <ALLROv3> internet included
snmp-server group <adminv3ROgroup> v3 priv access <61> read <ALLROv3>
snmp-server user <snmpv3admin> <adminv3ROgroup> v3 auth md5 <MD5secret>
priv des <DESsecret>

access-list 61 permit ip <ip-addr/mask> log
access-list 61 deny any log

/Eric