[f-nsp] What is the prefered way to add a vlan to a topo-group

Peter Olsen Peter.Olsen at GlobalConnect.dk
Thu Jan 3 02:14:31 EST 2008

this is most likely because you need to add a new vlan to an mrp ring ?

If thats the case there is only one way to prevent a loop and that is to
take a physical port down.
To my opinion this is a bug, e.g. if you strictly follow the manual you
will create a loop unless you follow the manual recommandation about
taking a physical port down.

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of
goverton at nwi.net
Sent: 2. januar 2008 20:25
To: foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: [f-nsp] What is the prefered way to add a vlan to a topo-group

What is the prefered way to add a vlan to a topo-group? I get this error
if I try to add a vlan to a topo-group.

error - topology group 1 control tagged ports not present in vlan 3125

This is on a Foundry MLX-16 running Version 3.6.0bT163

If I add the tagged ports before the adding it to the topo-group I would
get a loop.