[f-nsp] What is the prefered way to add a vlan to a topo-group

Peter Olsen Peter.Olsen at GlobalConnect.dk
Thu Jan 3 10:02:43 EST 2008

no,

my comment was only on the MRP configuration.
If you need to add a new Vlan to an exsisting topo group running MRP you
need to create the vlan before you can add it to the topo group. The
time between adding the vlan and making it member of the MRP ring will
lead to a loop if the ring is intact (the new vlan will not be in
blocking on the master secondary interface before it becomes member of
the topo group)

Peter

-----Original Message-----
From: foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net
[mailto:foundry-nsp-bounces at puck.nether.net] On Behalf Of Alexander Koch
Sent: 3. januar 2008 15:14
To: foundry-nsp at puck.nether.net
Subject: Re: [f-nsp] What is the prefered way to add a vlan to a
topo-group

> Hi Gunther,
>
> Yes, it have been reported long time ago. Foundry do not consider it
> as a bug as the code is doing was is expected from it... so, it is a
> feature request

If that is truly the case I can only cringe and weep. This is quite
disappointing indeed. So what you are saying is... create a neighbor and
be super quick to say shutdown before it's too late? How many seconds
does it take for any neighbor to come up?

Alexander,
thinking hard of chosing Foundry vs other gear...