[f-nsp] SuperX questions

Alexander Koch efraim at clues.de
Fri Jan 4 07:58:34 EST 2008

I have a question on the SuperX with all the options one has available... I
like the SuperX bundle (FI-SX1-84GC-AC) quite a bit, it gives lots of copper
ports and some combo ports. However, I understand it has only one management
module. Two management modules are working only with the SX-800, and that
are the Management-2 cards, right? I guess I could go for the SX-800 and try
to use the SX-FI12GM2-4 cards?

Can anyone give some clues on whether I really want to go all the way and
go Super-X with two management cards, or just stick with the SuperX bundle
and hope for the best? There is quite a price difference to it of course.
Any feedback is appreciated. No Layer3 needed really, just L2 and that's it.

Thanks lots,
Alexander