[f-nsp] ServerIron 4G Dest-NAT

John G. isaac737 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 22 12:03:16 EST 2008

yes, those boxes can do that although i would caution u on the SI4G.  we
tried running those boxes and they sucked monkey nuts.

they would just all of a sudden decide to stop passing network traffic.  and
the real kicker was that we had 2 running in HA mode!!  the secondary still
saw the primary as up but the primary wouldn't respond to any network
requests.  lame!!! painful to troubleshoot.  we had to scream at foundry to
get them to take those boat anchors back and give us the GTCs.  i would make
sure they have fixed their problem with these things... something to do with
some internal buffer filling up and not doing the standard FIFO thing or
some such.

-jg