[f-nsp] ServerIron 4G Dest-NAT

Gerald Krause gk at ax.tc
Tue Jan 22 14:05:04 EST 2008

On Tuesday 22 January 2008 19:38:52 John G. wrote:
> well, may the Force be with you Gerald.
>
> we ran code of theirs that came stock with the box about 7 months ago.  i
> can't remember the code rev.  we experienced this same prob i described
> running both the routing code and the non routing code.  i can't remember
> if we ever tried upgrading the code on that particular box or not... it was
> a crazy experience.  they would run for 2-3 days and then just puke.
> hopefully they have fixed this issue....

Ok, thank you John! I'll ask a Foundry SI I know for some details about such
problems. Maybe (hopefully) he can dispel my doubts that I have now and
confirm that strange behavior as a known but fixed bug :-/.

A last question - did the change to a SI-GTC resolve your issue immediately?
If so there must be much more differences between the 4G and GTC series than
I thought. I assumed a 4G is only some kind of "fixed port GTC".

--
Gerald   (ax/tc)