[f-nsp] "affordable" BGP router from foundry?

Chris Gauthier cgauthie at pcc.edu
Tue Mar 18 13:37:16 EDT 2008

One more point to consider...

Most (or all?) of the Jetcore products are either end-of-sale or close
to it.  Especially if the go-ahead date is 2 years out, I would look at
an MLX/XMR solution.  Also, you might consider other vendors, too.  We
have had both Cisco and Juniper routers on our borders.

Chris

david raistrick wrote:
> On Tue, 18 Mar 2008, Andreas wrote:
>

>> With a RX4 I would not say that you are IPv4 and IPv6 future proof but I
>> would rather go with a MLX/XMR platform.
>>

> Ahh, interesting point that my foundry rep hasn't brought up.
>
> This install has a go-dead date 2 years from now, and our application has
> zero (I'd go so far as to say negative...) support for ipv6, and it's not
> on the current dev roadmap...but still good to think about.  Particularly
> since we already have RX8's for the install that this site will migrate
> to...
>
> thanks.
>
> .david
>
> ---
> david raistrick        http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html
> drais at icantclick.org             http://www.expita.com/nomime.html

Chris Gauthier, CCNA, Network+, A+
Network Administration Team
Portland Community College
Portland, Oregon

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
--Leonardo da Vinci