[f-nsp] FastIron 400/800/1500 Layer 3 Upgrade (PROM and software)

Chris Gauthier cgauthie at pcc.edu
Fri Mar 28 11:33:42 EDT 2008

If you have a card that is designed to work in a FastIron chassis, then
it will work in any of the 3 FastIron chassis.  It will NOT work in a
BigIron, NetIron, or ServerIron chassis because the the hardware checks
to see if the card and the chassis are compatible (ie, same
line/series).  This is straight from my SE's mouth.  :-)

Chris

Mohamed Tawfik wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> For the FastIron Jetcore chassis, if i have a management card for 8
> slot chasis with full L3 upgrade option (
>
> J-FIL3U-8), can I put it in 15 slot chassis and get the full L3 features?
>
> I understand that the Full layer 3 upgrade option have different part
> per chassis but the management card is the same.

Chris Gauthier, CCNA, Network+, A+
Network Administration Team
Portland Community College
Portland, Oregon

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."
--Leonardo da Vinci