[f-nsp] FastIron 400/800/1500 Layer 3 Upgrade (PROM and software)

Nicolaj Kamensek nk at accelerated.de
Fri Mar 28 11:56:01 EDT 2008

Chris Gauthier schrieb:
> If you have a card that is designed to work in a FastIron chassis, then
> it will work in any of the 3 FastIron chassis.  It will NOT work in a
> BigIron, NetIron, or ServerIron chassis because the the hardware checks
> to see if the card and the chassis are compatible (ie, same
> line/series).  This is straight from my SE's mouth.  :-)

This is not true. Everything from Management IV(Ironcore or JetCore) and
above will work in any kind of chassis. Still: the other cards have to
be compatible with the management card as usual. E.g. we are running a
couple of FastIron JetCore modules in BigIron 4k chassis.

--
Accelerated IT Services GmbH
Schubertstrasse 10                        D-67251 Freinsheim