[f-nsp] Odd CPU spikes on Jetcore BI4K, IP level

Jeroen Oldenhof jeroen at cj2.nl
Wed Oct 15 05:27:38 EDT 2008

Bardo,

Could you check you CAM statistics on both your external as well as your
internal facing interfaces?

'show cam ip 1/1 stat'

And could it be that one of your customers is doing a large outbound
scan or something which largely traverses over this specific transit?
Such a scan performed from within our network at 100mbps line speed one
day nearly killed our entire network, while the CAM on several of our
BI4k´s was constantly saturated.

Best regards,
Jeroen Oldenhof
CJ2 Hosting