[f-nsp] Load balancing across sties on one real server

Oliver Adam oadam at madao.de
Thu Oct 30 06:40:14 EDT 2008

I do not get the problem 100%. How many real servers do you have and
how are they linked to the virtual servers? There should not be any
need to configure unique IPs at the real server for each virtual
server. What is the predictor you are using? Have you tried to open
multiple connection simultaneously? Round-robin is normally the best
predictor to see a load balancing during testing in case you do have
a single client only. Ensure that the client is really opening
multiple connections - some browser tend to reuse sessions and this
is of course not going to result in any load balancing.

Do you have stickyness configured? If so: you will have to use
different client IPs to see some kind of load balancing.

- Oliver