[f-nsp] Load balancing across sties on one real server

Oliver Adam oadam at madao.de
Fri Oct 31 10:04:39 EDT 2008

I am not quite sure which release you are using but this should work.

A very simple config like the following:

server real rs101 192.168.1.101
  port http
  port http url "GET /index.html HTTP/1.1\r\nHost: www.whatever.com\r\n\r\n"
  port 8080
!
!
server virtual vs200 20.20.1.200
  predictor round
  port http
  bind http rs101 http rs101 8080

-> one real server with two daemons and one
virtual server using the predictor roundrobin is
going to result in a load balancing:

Real Servers Info
========================
State - ACT:active, ENB:enabled, FAL:failed, TST:test, SUS:suspect,
         GDN:grace-dn, DIS:disabled, UNK:unknown, UNB:unbind,
         AWU:await-unbind, AWD: await-shutdown

Name: rs101                  State: Active              IP:192.168.1.101:   1
Mac: 0010.a4c1.995a          Weight: 0                  MaxConn: 2000000
SrcNAT: not-cfg, not-op      DstNAT: not-cfg, not-op    Serv-Rsts: 0

Port    St  Ms CurConn
TotConn    Rx-pkts   Tx-pkts   Rx-octet   Tx-octet   Reas
default UNB 0  0       0          0         0         0          0          0
http    ACT 0  22      35         71        175       17893      13510      0
8080    ACT 0  22      34         68        170       17476      13124      0

Server  Total  44      69         139       345       35369      26634      0
^
-> 22 sessions to port 80 and 22 to port 8080...

This is with release 10.2.01c.

R, Oliver