[f-nsp] Load balancing across sties on one real server

Derek Maurer dmaurer at opentext.com
Thu Oct 30 14:10:28 EDT 2008

That was my assumption; I suppose I should put my feature request into Foundry ;-)

This limitation makes it awkward to manage load balancing applications in a large hosting environment.  Having multiple unique IPs on each server just adds to the complexity of a solution when unique ports should be all that's required.

When we used to have Cisco CSS switches I was able to load balance effectively across ports on 1 IP (and reuse real server ports in multiple VIPs).  I like these Foundry SI's for the granularity of configuration, but other times I wish some of the Cisco features were available.

I haven't checked the latest firmware features in a while, any chance some of this was changed is the most current versions?

DRM