[f-nsp] FESX spanning-tree path cost success?

Christian MacNevin christian.macnevin at gmail.com
Mon Sep 8 16:12:09 EDT 2008

It's your small knob. Get that fixed first.

On Sep 8, 2008, at 5:58 AM, Jonathan Brashear wrote:

Our DC has had intermittent issues over the past year with spanning-
tree loops with customers who have multiple uplinks to our switch
fabric.  We've explored a few different options with limited to no
success(such as bpdu guard, stp-protect, etc.), but currently we're
considering setting manual path costs on ports as a way to help avoid
the loops & subsequent cpu spikes we've dealt with.  Has anyone
deployed manual path costs for customers with multiple uplinks(either
to the same switch or multiple switches), and if so what success/
problems have you had with its implementation?  I'd prefer the info be
from the FastIron environment, but any Foundry-related discussion
would be appreciated.

Network Engineer
http://www.speakeasy.net