[f-nsp] BigIron RX BGP issue

Andrea bo.andrew at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 10:12:04 EDT 2008

Hi all,
first of all let me say I'm completely new to BGP.
I have to set up a BGP instance on my BigIron rx to manage redundancy
on 2 L2-ethernet link connecting my networks to partner ones.

On remote site there's a couple of Cisco, I'd like to connect both
link to my only BigIron, my question is:
is it possible configure two BigIron ethernet interfaces to act as two
router? I've thought about use two ve interfaces with different ip, if
I use
switch ports I'll get an ethernet loop on the ISP ethernet infrastructure.

I've searched for some configuration example, but with no luck. Foundy
documentation is very complete but with poor practical example.
Can somebody tell me where could I find some examples?

(In test scenario I have to announce networks 154.54.64.0/24
156.54.70.0/24 172.29.0.0/16 172.16.0.0/16 and listen 172.19.0.0/16
172.20.0.0/16 192.168.0.0/16)

Any hint is welcome.
Thanks in advance
Andrew