[f-nsp] NI-MLX-1GX20-GC FID_DISTRIBUTION Error

Chuck Ufarley markentime at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 13:42:43 EST 2009

Hey Everybody--

I just got a series of the above cards, and I keep getting SYNC_FID errors
and a looping reboot of the line cards (see below).  This has happened with
three in a row, though I *can* get a previously working card to come up.  I
tried booting interactive and syncing the mp with the lp, but the new cards
still won't come up.  I'd rather not send them back, for obvious reasons.
Am I missing some fix that I should know?

Here's the error:

Module down in slot 1, reason CARD_DOWN_REASON_FID_DISTRIBUTION_FAILED.
Error Co
de (0)
Slot 1 is rebooted
Download to Slot 1 is timed out

And the show module (with the working card up and running):

NetIron MLX-8 Router#sho mod
        Module                             Status      Ports  Starting MAC
M1 (left):
M2 (right): NI-MLX-MR Management Module     Active
F1: NI-X-SF Switch Fabric Module         Active
F2: NI-X-SF Switch Fabric Module         Active
S1: NI-MLX-1Gx20-GC 20-port 10/100/1000 Copper Module  CARD_STATE_BOOT
20   0
012.f29e.7b00
S2:
S3: NI-MLX-1Gx20-GC 20-port 10/100/1000 Copper Module  CARD_STATE_UP    20
001
2.f29e.7b60
S4:
S5: