[f-nsp] Multicasting config example?

debbie fligor fligor at illinois.edu
Tue Feb 24 10:28:48 EST 2009

On Feb 24, 2009, at 8:55, Bjørn Skovlund Rydén wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> Another oddity I’ve come across:
>
> If I change the below config and remove this:
> interface ethernet 2/4
>  ip address 10.11.13.1/24
> !
>
> And instead make a vlan with a ve interface like this:
> vlan 13
>  untagged e 2/4
>  router-interface ve 13
> !
> int ve 13
>  ip address 10.11.13.1/24
> !
>
> Then it breaks again. In my book that should be pretty much the same
> thing?

welcome to the wonderful world of Foundry design.  ve's do not
abstract 100% to "real" ports.  What we've been told for years is that
ve's are basically an add on. there are a lot of things that work on
an ethernet and don't work on a ve.  they've been fixing them, but
unfortunately there are constant issues of this sort, although we've
run in to it more with ACL type things.

I certainly agree with you that it _should_ be the same.  and there
are often settings you can tweak to make things more the same.  I'd
try the ospf area idea with this one too though, just in case.