[f-nsp] Trunking Problem

Joseph Hardeman jwhardeman at gmail.com
Wed Jul 8 19:38:28 EDT 2009

Hi Everyone,

I had a problem today that I am hoping someone could help me with.  I
went to setup trunks between a bi8000 and a fi400.  From the docs all I
should have had to do was run "trunk switch e 1/7 to e 1/8" on the bi
and "trunk switch e 1/1 to 1/2", the systems are connected via Single
Mode Fiber run between two floors, and then "trunk deploy" on each
system.  After doing this, we started getting complaints about packet
loss to and from our networks.  I ran show trunk on each system many
times and did not see any issues, there was nothing logged stating there
were any issues, and I did not see any errors on the individual
interfaces on either system.  It came to a point I had to remove the
trunk to get traffic to start flowing properly again.

Does anyone know what could have caused this or how I can troubleshoot
to see what could have caused it because I need to get this trunk up as
soon as I can.  As this is a live network and we are adding the
additional lines for capacity, I have very limited time to get this in
place right and today certainly didn't help. :-)

Thanks for everything.

Joe