[f-nsp] question on header based switching

Oliver Adam oadam at madao.de
Thu Jul 23 01:25:19 EDT 2009

This depends. The ServerIron is going to create a 1-to-1 mapping by
default. There is a single backend connection for all incoming
connection by default. I assume you are talking about a current
ServerIron modeul and not somethine like the ServerIron XL (10 years
old or even older). There is a feature called TCP offlad to allow
backend connections to stay open - multiple clients might use the
same backend connection doing so. The ServerIron is going to create
the first connection at the time the first request needs to get
forrwarded to a given real server. The client is going to close the
connection and the ServerIron keeps the backend connection open but
closes the frontend connection.

Have a look at TCP offload in the documentation - I guess that is
what you need based on your question.

Oliver